Plain English Terms
The General Terms below are legal terms that serve to protect us and make clear the privacy terms that will apply to users of AFFCO Services. These terms below are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms mean in plain English.
However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply in a legal dispute.
• Personal Information: AFFCO stores your personal information when you use our Services. Because of this, AFFCO takes on the legal responsibilities that come with storing this information.
• Your Rights: You have the right to access, amend and delete the personal information you supply to us.
• Your Obligations: You have certain obligations which you have to maintain as a user of AFFCO Services.
• Security: AFFCO uses highly secure cloud services operated by Microsoft Azure. This provides a high level of data security and encryption.
• Third-party Links: When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
For the avoidance of doubt, the AFFCO Group includes the following entities; AFFCO Meat Processors Limited, AFFCO New Zealand Limited, AFFCO Limited, AFFCO Group Management Limited, AFFCO Meats Limited, Land Meat New Zealand Limited, South Pacific Meats Limited, Renconz Limited, AFFCO France Limited, AFFCO Holdings Limited, AFFCO Europe Limited and AFFCO USA, Inc.
Collection of Personal Information
The nature of the Services requires that individuals using the Services disclose to AFFCO personal information relating to them.
We only collect information that is:
• Necessary for the purposes of the Services,
• For the performance of a contract of which you are a party,
• Necessary for which you have given consent for such processing of your data, or
• Required for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The type of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include, but is not limited to:
• Full legal name;
• Residential addresses or supplier addresses;
• Email addresses;
• Bank account information;
• Emergency contact details;
• Date of birth/age;
• Credit card information;
• Proof of having a lawful right to work in New Zealand;
• Medical information and medical history documentation (including ACC information) (within all lawful requirements);
• Information needed to provide Services to you, such as processing, delivering and invoicing customers for meat products and by-products that they purchase from AFFCO;
• CCTV camera footage for security or safety purposes or for verification purposes, including with regards to ACC claims or employment-related claims;
• Any other personal information that you may authorise us to collect, e.g. for promotional videos;
• Device information including identifiers;
• AFFCO system usage information including answers to questionnaires, responses clicked and features used;
• Location information (where you are using location-based features and location settings have been activated on your device);
• Any other personal information that is reasonably required by AFFCO to carry on business; and
• Any other personal information that is required or allowed to be collected under the applicable Privacy Rules.
You have no obligation to provide AFFCO with any personal information that is requested by us. However, due to the nature of the Services, if you choose not to provide us with such information, we will be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Services.
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
• When you provide us with information in order for us to proceed with any form of application/registration;
• When you provide information about a customer service issue; and
• When you visit and register within our Website.
Using your Personal Information
We understand the importance of using your personal information in a responsible and secure manner. Your personal information may only be used by AFFCO under the following circumstances:
• to identify you when you register and login into any AFFCO account;
• the operation and maintenance of your AFFCO account and or registration;
• to enable us to operate the Services and provide it to you as requested;
• payment processing;
• dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, and other customer services;
• to analyse the Website and information about users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services;
• to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions;
• to keep you informed about the Services, features and offers we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
• to sell or market AFFCO products and services to you;
• to comply with any legal, government or regulatory obligation;
• interacting with organisations that AFFCO has a business relationship with for the purpose of enabling the performance of the Services or other services you expressly require;
• to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyse trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users; and
• to keep the Services safe and secure.
We may use your personal information for other purposes which are directly related to those above, as would reasonably be expected by you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested or if you use the Services to access products or experiences from us and if you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
AFFCO is a New Zealand based company with its head-office located in Hamilton, New Zealand. AFFCO also has offices in the United States and the United Kingdom.
The security of your personal information is imperative. We endeavour to employ world class practice standards to ensure unauthorised access and disclosure of your information does not occur.
Your personal information will be held securely via Microsoft Azure.
We may store your personal information temporarily or permanently in New Zealand. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for personal information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or statutory reporting requirements.
AFFCO has appointed a Data Protection Privacy Officer who can be contacted at email@example.com or (+647) 829 2888.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences, your device or used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually identify you directly, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. You can choose not to allow some types of cookies. You should know that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on the site and the services we are able to offer.
Always active, these cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
These cookies are set by google as part of the recaptcha verification (they are not always present). They are used for security on the site and anti-spam measures.
This cookie is required to verify the request to improve site security:
This cookie is required to confirm the acceptance of cookies for your privacy.
These are for google analytics to help us understand site usage and inform our marketing efforts. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
• gat o .affco.co.nz
- .affco.co.nz -
You can check and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw from the AFFCO System in any form whatsoever, we will endeavour to deactivate your account as soon as reasonably practicable, and remove your personal information.
You have the option of changing your marketing preferences at any time your account remains open via account settings.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
• The right to request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
• The right to request to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal information we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
• The right to request deletion of your personal information if;
o your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed; or
o you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal information is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
o you object to the processing of your personal information and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
o your personal information is unlawfully processed; or
o your personal information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
• The right to object to the processing of your personal information. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
• The right to restrict the processing of personal information, if:
o The accuracy of your personal information is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal information; or
o The processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal information and request restriction; or
o We no longer need your personal information for the purposes of processing, but personal information is required by you for legal claims; or
o You have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
You can exercise several of your rights through the information section of your AFFCO account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by email to email@example.com or contact us by telephone at (+647) 829 2888.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
AFFCO relies on individuals to update us in the event of user contact or personal details changing. Individuals can do this by making contact with their relevant plant or by contacting AFFCO using the contact details set out below.
All individuals must ensure that, where practicable, all AFFCO-related log-on details, passwords and access codes (including site entry key-codes) are kept confidential and secure at all times. You must notify us immediately if you believe that any log-on details, passwords and/or access codes have been disclosed to or accessed by any unauthorised third party.
Whenever you use our Services or visit our Website, AFFCO collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the Website and are stored on your device's hard drive.
Our Website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Services for users (for example to temporarily remember your session in order to not ask you to fill this information again each time you visit the Website or go to one page to another). Some other cookies are used to generate statistics or to remember your preferences.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Services;
• To provide the Services on our behalf;
• To perform Services-related services; or
• To assist us in analysing how our Services is used.
Our Data Protection Privacy Officer and team have numerous processes and systems in place in the unfortunate event of a data breach.
If such an event occurs, we will promptly identify, report and examine a personal data breach with our data protection team.
Links to Other Sites